Winter Sports Safety – Free Community Event
Attention: skiers, snowboarders and all other winter athletes! Mark your calendars for January 18 and come join our free community course on Winter Sports Safety. What better what to jump into the new year than learning how to play in the snow safely?
Topics will include:
– Ski injury prevention and performance through biomechanics, preparation and proper equipment
– Concussion prevention and treatment
– Common orthopedic injuries
– Frostbite and hypothermia
– Backcountry safety and equipment
– Beverages and Secret Stash pizza will be provided!
Center for the Arts strives to enrich and engage the community by fostering artistic expression and cultural experiences in Crested Butte.