Spend 4 days learning all of the skills required for ski mountaineering!
April 20-23, 2023
Join Irwin Guides for a 4-day Ski Mountaineering Course!
Days 1 and 2 will be spent on day trips into the Crested Butte Backcountry to learn all the skills necessary for ski mountaineering while out tackling ski mountaineering objectives.
Days 3 and 4 will be an overnight trip into either one of the basins outside of Crested Butte or on a 14er outside of Buena Vista, depending on conditions. The goal of this overnight will be to access some bigger terrain and apply the skills developed on the first two days.
– Professional AMGA-trained guide
– Technical climbing gear if needed
– A detailed packing list will be provided upon reservation
– Avalanche gear included (beacon, shovel, probe)
– Backcountry Skis/Splitboards available for rent
– Overnight gear available for rent